Get Started Session
Join us for a Get Started Session on Teams! Held Monday through Thursday, these virtual sessions are an overview of study abroad options, program application processes, academic transfer options, and financial aid and scholarships. Also, meet a study abroad advisor, and ask questions about their experiences abroad. Use the "Sign Up Now" button below for instructions on how to join a session and to access our Get Started Guide.
Sessions start at 11. Please join by 11:05 if you would like to participate.
Apply now to become a Peer Mentor for the 2021-22 school year! Peer Mentors work 10-20 hours per week in the office assisting students with every step of the study abroad process. From program selection to working with returned students, Peer Mentors share their own expertise and passion from their study abroad experience with other prospective Global Bison.
- Providing support and guidance to students before, during, and after their study abroad
- Leading classroom presentations
- Assisting with Study Abroad outreach and events
- Working on individualized peer projects throughout the semester
- Completed a successful study abroad experience
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Have an interest in the field of international education
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or better
In addition to earning an hourly wage, peer mentors will gain public speaking skills, project management experience, and experience working in a study abroad office. Peer Mentors will be able to navigate study abroad software and understand the foundations of advising for all NDSU Study Abroad programs and opportunities.
Please email a completed Peer Mentor Application Form to Kristen.Foos@ndsu.edu.