|TOPICS ON THIS PAGE|
|What to Expect:
Information on Specific Countries
Keeping Travel Costs Down:
Airfare · Trains · Lodging
Keeping in Touch
Resources and Tips Lists
Money Matters · Other Resources
|Information on Specific Countries|
Online Travel Guides
Keeping Travel Costs Down
Being a student often means great discounts on travel. That's another reason why your college years are a great time to go abroad! A local travel agent can also help you with your travel arrangements, but be aware that most will charge a fee for their services.
The internet is another place to find great travel deals. If you are in doubt about a particular travel company or service, you can consult your study abroad advisor. Although we don't know everything about all of the travel services out there, we do have a good network of reliable programs and websites that we trust.
|Discount Student Travel|
|Discount Sites and Search Engines||Airline Websites|
|International Train Tickets||In-Country Train Tickets|
|Cell Phones||Internet Service|
- The Travel Resource List
- U.S. Government list of travel information and resources
- Everwhereist: 55 Best Travel Tips
- TIME: 50 Travel Tips
- Money Options when Traveling Overseas - from AAA of North Dakota
- Safety Tips when Using an ATM - from MasterCard
- Secrets to Saving Money Abroad - from TheStudyAbroadBlog.com
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards - from NerdWallet.com
- Get a Passport in a Hurry
- Multicultural Student Programs at NDSU - There are a number of multicultural programs at NDSU. Contacting a group could be a good way to learn more about a country's culture, people, or language!
- Students Abroad - an initiative by the U.S. State Department.
- Duolingo - Learn a language through this free online and app-based game. Comparable in effectiveness to Rosetta Stone, Duolingo currently offers opportunities for English speakers to learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Protugese, Dutch, Irish, Swedish, and Danish...with more on the way!
- OverseasVoteFoundation.org - Youth Vote Overseas works to inspire and assist young American voters, 18-29, who are living permanently or temporarily overseas to participate in the electoral process. We do this by providing online access to innovative voter registration tools and services designed to facilitate the process of registering and receiving the ballot in time to vote in federal elections.
- TheBisonMarket - Buy and sell items from others on the Bison Market on facebook.